The balance of the IHF
Facts and Figures
The IHF evaluate the tournament after its ending
- In total 84 matches were broadcasted by the TV stations from all over the world.
- TV coverage in 150 countries worldwide
- 41 TV station covered the matches live. For the final it will be even more.
- 30 million cumulative TV audiences on 6 live matches in Germany.
- 10 million cumulative TV audiences on 4 live matches in Poland.
- More than 43 million TV viewers on the top 10 audiences.
- More than 1600 media representatives accredited for the tournament.
Internet live streaming
- All produced matches were broadcasted live on: handball.livesport.tv.
- Nearly 2 mio pageviews on ihf.info.
- For Android and IPhone - huge nuember of free downloads world wide.
- Doping controls in all stages in close cooperation of Prof. Hosny Abdelrahman (head of IHF Anti-Doping Unit) and NADO.
- 23 samples out of competition.
- 73 samples in competition.
- 7 blood samples for blood biological profile for the first time ever in contact sport.
- Results all negative so far.
- 16 referee couples from 4 continents.
- First World Championship for two couples, majority of the referees had already been nominated for London 2012.
- The average age is with 36 years.
- Permanent IHF training for all the nominated, some in separate courses courses or in Global Referee Training Program (GRTP).
- Also during this Championship there were daily trainings with intensive video analysis and regularly physical training.
- After finalization 83 games the IHF does not have any formal protest regarding the referee performances in this WCh. The coaches have said that the line of refereeing was better than in previous championships.